Category Archives for Health Care Insurance

WSIB Treatment Information

Chiropractic And The Workplace Safety And Insurance Board (WSIB) And The Treatment Of Work-Related Injuries”

life chiropractic center
If you have been injured on the job & your employer is registered with the WORKPLACE SAFETY & INSURANCE BOARD ( WSIB ),you are entitled to CHIROPRACTIC BENEFITS for the treatment of your injuries.


  • You are entitled to a minimum of 12 WEEKS of care.
  • You may be entitled to an extension of 4 – 6 weeks depending upon the extent of your injury or injuries.
  • It is important to file a report of your injury immediately with your company nurse or human resources rep.
  • You do not need a medical referral for chiropractic care if you have been injured on the job.
  • Chiropractors are primary health care providers & YOU CAN REFER YOURSELF.
  • If you consulted with your family medical doctor or a walk-in clinic doctor first, and you then decide to go for chiropractic treatments or this doctor recommends chiropractic treatments, YOU WILL NEED A REFERRAL NOTE FROM THAT DOCTOR FOR CHIROPRACTIC CARE.
  • We have filed numerous claims with the WSIB over the years on behalf of our patients.
  • Our staff are extremely competent at processing your claims properly & in a timely fashion.

The doctors at Life Chiropractic are very experienced & highly competent in treating work-related injuries.


  • Sprains & strains of the cervical spine (neck) joints.


  • Soft-tissue (muscle) injuries of the cervical spine (neck).
  • Minor injuries to the disc tissue of the cervical spine (neck).
  • Whiplash injuries to the neck. ( if you drive for a company & are involved in a motor vehicle accident while on the job, you are entitled to WSIB benefits.)
  • Sprain & strain injuries of the shoulder, elbow, wrist, hand or finger joints.
  • Any minor dislocations of the shoulder, elbow, wrist, hand or fingers joints.
  • Soft-tissue injuries to the muscles surrounding the shoulder, elbow, wrist, hand or fingers.
  • Sprains & strains of the thoracic spine joints ( mid-back & between the shoulder blades ).
  • Sprains & strains of the rib-cage joints.
  • Minor dislocations of the ribs.
  • Lifting injuries to the lumbar spine (lower back).
  • Sciatic leg pains as a result of a lifting injury to the lower back.
  • Sprains & strains of the lumbar spine joints (lower back).
  • Soft-tissue (muscle) injuries of the lumbar spine (lower back).
  • Minor injuries to the disc tissue of the lumbar spine (lower back).
  • Sprain & strain injuries of the hip, knee, ankle or joints of the feet.
  • Any minor dislocations of the hip, knee, ankle or joints of the feet.
  • Soft-tissue injuries to the muscles surrounding the hip, knee, ankle or feet.
  • Sprain & strain injuries of the sacro-iliac joint.
  • Minor dislocations of the sacro-iliac joint.

If you are not sure of the exact nature of your work-related injury, please call our office to make an appointment & we will assist you in determining the correct diagnosis.

If you are not sure if we can help you with your work-related injury, there is no charge to speak to the doctor.

All you have to do is call & make an appointment for a free initial consultation.

If your injury is not one that we can help, we will refer you to the appropriate doctor or specialist immediately.

Remember that chiropractic treatments will help you heal faster , will help you heal better & get you back on the job sooner.

Click Here To Book A Free Initial Consultation With Dr. Brad At The 2501 Guelph Line Clinic

Motor Vehicle Accident Claim Processing

“Motor Vehicle Accident Claim Processing Burlington, Ontario”

If you have had a Motor Vehicle Accident (MVA) and are seeking treatment for your injuries, we can help. We will be your guide, and the liaison for your care with the auto insurance company.

“What am I entitled to?”

Anyone who has valid auto insurance who has been in an MVA is automatically approved for $2200-$3500 worth of care within the Minor Injury Guideline (MIG). If the doctor determines your injuries are beyond what the MIG can provide, we will apply for more; which the insurance company has the right to approve or decline. Regardless, you are automatically approved for the amount of care the MIG can provide, so don’t deny yourself the care you need for fear the insurance company will not pay for it.

“When will I know whether or not I’m approved?”

The insurance company has ten days to reply to your request for benefits. During that time we can supply treatment to you at no cost. Upon receipt of their decision, we will determine with you how to proceed with your claim.

“What do you need from me?”

There are several documents that your insurance company requires in order to process your claim:
1) OCF-1: Application for Accident Benefits
2) OCF-2: Employer’s Confirmation Form
3) OCF-3: Disability Certificate
4) OCF-5: Permission to Disclose Health Information
5) An examination by the doctor to reveal the extent of your injuries will help us determine whether to submit an OCF-23 (to use the MIG) or an OCF-18 (to go beyond the MIG). This document is completed by the doctor, but will require your signature consenting to the recommended care.

“How will my accident claim affect my extended health benefits?”

We ask if you have extended health benefits through your employer, that you bring your claims prior to the accident up to date, as the insurance companies dictate we must use your existing benefits before they will pay the remainder of the claim. Any paperwork we need from you will have to be submitted to us upon beginning the claim. Once your extended health benefits have been exhausted, we will require a statement to that effect from benefits provider to send to your auto insurance company in order for your auto insurance to pay the remainder.

If you have any questions regarding an auto insurance claim, feel free to contact us at (905) 335-LIFE (5433).